- Congratulations on our collaboration work with Prof. Yong Yan(SDSU) getting supported by DOE
- Congratulations on Nick's NADH reduction work being accepted by ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
- Congratulations on Sabrina's Zn single-atom confinement work being accepted by ACS Nano
- Congratulations on Audrey Washington in getting accepted to 7 out of her 8 graduate school applications, including Caltech.
- Congratulations on Audrey Washington in getting the Winifred Burks-Houck Undergraduate Leadership Award from NOBCChE and the best presentation award from SACNAS national diversity in STEM conference
- Welcome, Jackie Johnson and Chris Turchiano joining our lab as new graduate students.
- Congratulations on Nicholas Williams for a successful Ph.D. defense.
- Thanks for NSF CHE-2154837 for supporting our research
- Congratulations on Zhida for his Cu on 1T-MoS2 work getting accepted into ACS catalysis !!!
- Congratulations on Sabrina for her paper getting accepted into Adv. Mater. Interface !!
- Welcome, Gonto Johns joining our lab as a Ph.D. student !!!
- Congratulations Audrey Washington on becoming an IMSD scholar
- Congratulations Audrey Washington on getting the ACS scholar fellowship, Joi-Weeks fellowship, and Tom Regan Fellowship
- Congratulations on Zhida in getting his Ni size dependence work accepted in Angew. Chemie. Int. Ed. !!!
- Congratulations on our collaboration paper with Prof. Huang at Marquette University being accepted in Nature Commun. !!!
- Congratulations on our collaboration paper with Prof. Ren at Princeton University being accepted in Joule!!!
- Congratulations to Sabrina for her nomination as a finalist for the Young Chemist Award by Metrohm USA!
- Happy New Year !!! Congrats on Fan's paper getting accepted in Angew. Chemie. Int. Ed.
- Dr. Gu gave a invited talk at the UC San Diego Sustainable Power and Energy Center.
- Welcome Hongxing Kang from Lanzhou University joined our lab as a first-year graduate student.
- Dr. Jing Gu gave a talk at CSU-Long Beach.
- Our Comments paper is accepted in Energy & Environmental Science(10.1039/C9EE02592H). Congrats !!!
- SDSU news highlighted our research work as "Mimiking Photosynthsis to make fuel green and affordable."
- Our collaboration work with Prof. Shirley Meng's group was published in Nature !!!
- Dr. Gu served as a section chair at the ACS meeting. Sabrina Younan, Maggie Patrick, Nicholas Williams and Fan Yang gave talks at ACS meeting.
- Our undergraduates, Waltteri Vakki, Michael Fairchild, and Karley Hahn graduated from SDSU. Congrats !!!
- NSF highlight our research work "4 awesome discoveries you probably did not hear about episode 28th"(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xTaKzcvh_s&feature=youtu.be).
- Princeton New highlighted our collaboration work with the Prof. Jason Ren's group at Princeton "Researchers using sunlight to pull hydrogen from waste water".
- Dr. Zhou's work is accepted in Dalton Trans, Congrats Dr. Zhou !!!
- Yichao Huang's paper is accepted at Nature Communication, Congrats Yichao !!!
- Waltteri Vakki's paper is accpeted at Energy & Environmental Science, Congrats Waltteri !!!!
- Our research work is highlighted in SDSU news "SDSU research suggest process for lowering cost of hydrogen fuels".
- Fan's paper is accepted at Adv. Mater. Interface. Congrats !!! Fan !!!
- Nicholas Williams, Maggie Patrick and Dr. Gu attended the CSUPERB meeting.
- Zhida Li from Northeast Petroleum University Join our lab as a visiting student.
- Zunjian Ke from Wuhan University join our lab as a visiting student, welcome !!!
- Prof. Zhou's manuscript is accepted at International Journal of Hydrogen Energy !!! Congrats !!!
- Dr. Gu organized an energy and fuel section at ACS in Boston !!!
- Dr. Gu attended the NIGMS mentoring workshop at the Kansas City.
- Michael and Sabrina got the Summer Undergraduate Research Program support! Congrats !!!
- Yichao Huang's manuscript is accepted at the Advanced Energy Materials !!! Congrats to Yichao !!!
- Prof. Zhou's manuscript is accepted at ChemcatChem!!! Congrats to Prof. Zhou !!!
- Dr. Gu is invited to give a talk at the Association for Environmental Health and Sciences Foundation(AEHS).
- Nicholas Williams, Waltteri Vakki, Michael Fairchild and Sabrina Younan attended the SRS meeting at SDSU. Michael and Waltteri got the Undergraduate Research Excellent Award. Congrats !!!
- Dr. Gu attended the GRC-Solar Fuel meeting.
- We welcome Prof. Zhou Yinghua, a visiting professor joining our group.
- Our group research is highlighted at CNBC sustainable energy TV shows: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/13/hydrogen-is-becoming-a-big-deal-part-two.html
- Dr. Gu attend the FACSS meeting as a section chair
- We welcome Dr. Yang Fan and Yichao Huang, who is a visiting student from Tsinghua Univerisity joining our group.
- Congratulations to Nicholas Williams to win the ARCS scholarship !!!
- Congratulations to Nicholas Williams to win the Annual Graduate Research Awards !!!
- Our group received our first federal grant from NSF! Thanks to NSF for the kind support!
- Dr. Gu attended the ECS meeting in New Orleans
- Paper published: Tony's first manuscript published at ChemSusChem.
- Dr. Gu attended the April 2017 ACS meeting in San Francisco.
- Our graduate students Nicholas and Tony attended the Student Research Symposium this year and presented their research.
- Dr. Gu was invited to the Association for Environmental Health and Science Foundation conference in March 2017.
- Dr. Gu was awarded GREW award in February 2017.
- In January 2017, Dr. Gu’s research paper was accepted by Nature Energy!
- In November 2016 we were awarded a university grant from San Diego State University